Special Education Teacher
I am one of the 7th Grade Resource teachers, and will be working mainly with students from the Grey and White Teams! My team of fabulous paraeducators and I support students in their mainstream classes, as well as providing direct support in an alternate setting, as designated by students' IEPs.
Hello! I am very excited that you stopped by! On this page, you can find my contact information, links to my Google Classrooms, and resources for extra practice at home! Check back for an updated calendar with special events, due-dates, and more!
About Ms. Buyers
In the three years I have been teaching in Naugatuck, I have been fortunate to fulfill several different roles at different schools. I am excited to return as a 7th grade Resource teacher for the 2018-19 school year! I have worked with a wide range of students in different settings for over 15 years, and recently began working on a Master's Degree in Autism at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, CT.
I believe all students deserve the supports they require to fully access a robust education; I find joy in connecting with students and helping them advance towards their goals. I am an outside-the-box thinker and love to collaborate with parents, teachers, and community members to enrich the learning experiences available to our student body. Above all things, I hope to impart a healthy dose of responsibility and confidence in my students.
- Education: BA in Liberal Studies and BS in Education from SCSU, New Haven CT
- Years teaching: 5
- Years in Naugatuck Schools: 3
- A few of my favorite things: Coffee, tacos, bike riding, mountains, reading
- A fun fact about me: Je parle francais, en peu!
- Classes I support: Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Classes I teach: Resource
- Wish list for supplies: Pencils, Pencils, Pencils! also, Clorox Wipes & Lined Paper